As a teacher, don't you find those awesome little gadgets that make you wonder how you lived ever without them? Here is a list of my current favorite teaching items:
1. Tap and Glue Cap. I finally nixed glue sticks (because they dry up so fast) and ordered some of these. Love them!! "Just a dot, not a lot" helps my gluing and crafting moments.
2. Smart Response clickers for my Smart Board: Holy cow! I am so lucky to have received these in my class just a few days ago. They make test taking/ test correcting SOOO much nicer. I wish every teacher could have these. Maybe a donorschoose project?
3. My laminator- This thing is awesome. I bought it a few years ago and it is probably one of the most used teaching tool that I own! I use it for centers, labels, games, and anything else I need! LOVE IT. I buy the pouches at Sam's Club or Costco, because they are a way better deal.
4. Class Dojo- One of my favorite, new classroom management tools. I use this when my kids are doing independent work or centers. As kids behave, I award them points. When they are off-task or misbehaving, I take away points. It makes neat noises as I do this, and the kids glance up to see who got the points. You can use it with an wireless device too (ipads, ipods, iphones and the like...) My class is so quiet when I use my "Monster Points" as they call it. And it is Free!!
5. Wikispaces: I upload all my files here, so I can access them on any computer anywhere. I make it private, or I invite colleagues sometimes to share my resources. It has saved me so many times when I make something on my home computer and then need it at school!
P.S. I was not paid or reimbursed for any of my favorites. These are just things that I find useful and helpful in my classroom!!